Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Mon September 29, 2003
Downwind State Upset Over Proposed Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY & Montpelier, VT – International Paper in Ticonderoga, New York has requested a permit from the New York State DEC to burn shredded tires to test its viability as a fuel source for the plant. But the move is upsetting Vermonters downwind of the mill. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.