Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue October 30, 2012
Dozens of roads in Ulster County closed by storm
Officials in Ulster County say dozens of roads and streets are closed because of trees and power lines knocked down by Sandy. More from WAMC's Dave Lucas.
County Executive Michael Hein said Tuesday that the storm is blamed for one death. State police say 69-year-old Doreen Richardson was killed Monday evening when her vehicle was struck by a large section of roof that blew off a home in a trailer park in Kerhonkson.
Hein says flooding along the Hudson River knocked sewer treatment plants off line, but otherwise the county was spared the type of devastation caused by the remnants of Tropical Storm Irene in August 2011. Ulster County was one of the worst-hit areas when that storm caused flooding in the Catskill Mountains.
© 2012 Associated Press