Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
Thu July 22, 2010
Dr. Becky Wai-Ling Packard, Mount Holyoke College
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Mount Holyoke College associate professor of psychology and education Dr. Becky Wai-Ling Packard discusses the importance of steering students into demanding fields of study.
Dr. Packard specializes in the role of mentoring, the persistence of first-generation ethnic minorities in education, career and identity development in adolescence, and community-based partnerships, among other areas.
Dr. Packard's articles have appeared in Career Development Quarterly, Mentoring and Tutoring, Journal of Career Development, Journal of College Science Teaching, Advancing Women in Leadership, and Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy.
Dr. Packard holds a Ph.D. from Michigan State.
Music: Weird Al - White & Nerdy