Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Thu July 22, 2010
Dr. Becky Wai-Ling Packard, Mount Holyoke College
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Mount Holyoke College associate professor of psychology and education Dr. Becky Wai-Ling Packard discusses the importance of steering students into demanding fields of study.
Dr. Packard specializes in the role of mentoring, the persistence of first-generation ethnic minorities in education, career and identity development in adolescence, and community-based partnerships, among other areas.
Dr. Packard's articles have appeared in Career Development Quarterly, Mentoring and Tutoring, Journal of Career Development, Journal of College Science Teaching, Advancing Women in Leadership, and Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy.
Dr. Packard holds a Ph.D. from Michigan State.
Music: Weird Al - White & Nerdy