Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Mon October 28, 2013
Dr. Christoph Adami, Michigan State University - Evolution Punishes Selfishness
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Christoph Adami of Michigan State University reveals why evolution favors cooperation over selfish behavior.
Christoph Adami is a professor of microbiology and molecular genetics and physics and astronomy at Michigan State University. His research group studies Darwinian evolution at different levels of organization and pioneered the application of methods from information theory to the study of evolution. He also designed the “Avida” system that launched the use of digital life as a tool for investigating basic questions in evolutionary biology.