Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Mon October 28, 2013
Dr. Christoph Adami, Michigan State University - Evolution Punishes Selfishness
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Christoph Adami of Michigan State University reveals why evolution favors cooperation over selfish behavior.
Christoph Adami is a professor of microbiology and molecular genetics and physics and astronomy at Michigan State University. His research group studies Darwinian evolution at different levels of organization and pioneered the application of methods from information theory to the study of evolution. He also designed the “Avida” system that launched the use of digital life as a tool for investigating basic questions in evolutionary biology.