Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
Tue August 31, 2010
Dr. Christopher Benfey, Mount Holyoke College
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Christopher Benfey, Mellon Professor of English at Mt. Holyoke College, delves into the work of Emily Dickinson.
Dr. Benfey earned his Ph.D. at Harvard University. He has been at Mount Holyoke since 1988, where he specializes in Late nineteenth- and twentieth-century literature; poetry, literature, and culture of the American South; connections between the United States and Asia; and Emily Dickinson.
A top essayist, author and critic, Benfey has written for the New York Times Sunday Book Review, the New Republic, the New York Review of Books, and the Times Literary Supplement.
Music: Quoting Napoleon - The Belle of Amherst