Most Active Stories
- Buffalo's Major Highways Closed, I-90 And I-190, Routes 219 And 400
- Programming Notes: November 2014
- College Community Shaken By Student Death
- We Bought A Church: Pittsfield Treasure A Sanctuary Once Again
- Vermont Attorney General Asks Court To Throw Out Industry Lawsuit Against State’s GMO Labeling Law
Tue August 31, 2010
Dr. Christopher Benfey, Mount Holyoke College
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Christopher Benfey, Mellon Professor of English at Mt. Holyoke College, delves into the work of Emily Dickinson.
Dr. Benfey earned his Ph.D. at Harvard University. He has been at Mount Holyoke since 1988, where he specializes in Late nineteenth- and twentieth-century literature; poetry, literature, and culture of the American South; connections between the United States and Asia; and Emily Dickinson.
A top essayist, author and critic, Benfey has written for the New York Times Sunday Book Review, the New Republic, the New York Review of Books, and the Times Literary Supplement.
Music: Quoting Napoleon - The Belle of Amherst