Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri June 8, 2012
Dr. Damian Cruse, University of Western Ontario – Coma Patients and Awareness
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Damian Cruse of the University of Western Ontario shares his research into the level of conscious awareness among coma patients.
Damian Cruse is a post-doctoral fellow at the Brain and Mind Institute at the University of Western Ontario. His research is focused on consciousness and the ways in which cognition changes at its varying levels. His most recent project uses EEG to determine the awareness experienced by patients in a vegetative state. He holds a Ph.D. from Cardiff University.