Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Fri June 8, 2012
Dr. Damian Cruse, University of Western Ontario – Coma Patients and Awareness
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Damian Cruse of the University of Western Ontario shares his research into the level of conscious awareness among coma patients.
Damian Cruse is a post-doctoral fellow at the Brain and Mind Institute at the University of Western Ontario. His research is focused on consciousness and the ways in which cognition changes at its varying levels. His most recent project uses EEG to determine the awareness experienced by patients in a vegetative state. He holds a Ph.D. from Cardiff University.