Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Fri June 8, 2012
Dr. Damian Cruse, University of Western Ontario – Coma Patients and Awareness
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Damian Cruse of the University of Western Ontario shares his research into the level of conscious awareness among coma patients.
Damian Cruse is a post-doctoral fellow at the Brain and Mind Institute at the University of Western Ontario. His research is focused on consciousness and the ways in which cognition changes at its varying levels. His most recent project uses EEG to determine the awareness experienced by patients in a vegetative state. He holds a Ph.D. from Cardiff University.