Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Fri April 13, 2012
Dr. Dianne Slavin, Long Island University – Vocal Fry
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Dianne Slavin of Long Island University reveals an increase in the frequency of a little recognized feature of speech, vocal fry.
Dianne Slavin is the chair of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and an associate professor of education at Long Island University. Her specialties include disorders of fluency, stuttering, and stroke rehabilitation. She holds a Ph.D. from New York University.