Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri April 13, 2012
Dr. Dianne Slavin, Long Island University – Vocal Fry
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Dianne Slavin of Long Island University reveals an increase in the frequency of a little recognized feature of speech, vocal fry.
Dianne Slavin is the chair of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and an associate professor of education at Long Island University. Her specialties include disorders of fluency, stuttering, and stroke rehabilitation. She holds a Ph.D. from New York University.