Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri April 13, 2012
Dr. Dianne Slavin, Long Island University – Vocal Fry
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Dianne Slavin of Long Island University reveals an increase in the frequency of a little recognized feature of speech, vocal fry.
Dianne Slavin is the chair of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and an associate professor of education at Long Island University. Her specialties include disorders of fluency, stuttering, and stroke rehabilitation. She holds a Ph.D. from New York University.