Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Fri April 13, 2012
Dr. Dianne Slavin, Long Island University – Vocal Fry
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Dianne Slavin of Long Island University reveals an increase in the frequency of a little recognized feature of speech, vocal fry.
Dianne Slavin is the chair of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and an associate professor of education at Long Island University. Her specialties include disorders of fluency, stuttering, and stroke rehabilitation. She holds a Ph.D. from New York University.