Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Fri April 13, 2012
Dr. Dianne Slavin, Long Island University – Vocal Fry
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Dianne Slavin of Long Island University reveals an increase in the frequency of a little recognized feature of speech, vocal fry.
Dianne Slavin is the chair of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and an associate professor of education at Long Island University. Her specialties include disorders of fluency, stuttering, and stroke rehabilitation. She holds a Ph.D. from New York University.