Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Arts & Culture
Tue May 28, 2013
Dr. Eddie Ade Knowles
RPI has a strong program and deep history of music and arts education. In addition to being the home of EMPAC - where we sit today - their School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences provides an imaginative and distinctive approach to Rensselaer’s 200-year old founding mission "to apply science to the common purposes of life." Alan - RPI also has numerous music, dance, and arts clubs - including but not limited to - ballroom dance, street dance, choir, a cappella, improv comedy, sketch comedy, orchestra, pep band, graphic design and public speaking!
Joe - Here to tell us more about the arts at RPI is Dr. Eddie Ade Knowles. In 2011, after 34 years of service at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Eddie Ade Knowles, vacated the position of Vice President for Student Life and Adjunct faculty to accept a full-time appointment as Professor of Practice in the Arts.
Alan - Since that time, Professor Knowles has increased his teaching of African, Afro-Cuban, and New World Percussion, in Rensselaer’s Department of the Arts, while leading Ensemble Congeros, a credit bearing percussion group, founded in 2004, and comprised of Rensselaer alums and current students dedicated to the study of African, Afro-Cuban, and New World music.