Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Thu July 28, 2011
Dr. Elizabeth Markovits, Mount Holyoke College - Greek Tragedy and Democracy
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Elizabeth Markovits of Mount Holyoke College explains a striking similarity between the plot elements that define Greek tragedy and the democratic process.
Elizabeth Markovits is an assistant professor of politics at Mount Holyoke College where her research interests include ancient Greek political thought, modern feminism, and democratic theory. In 2008 she published The Politics of Sincerity: Plato, Frank Speech, and Democratic Judgment.