Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Thu November 1, 2012
Dr. Ephraim Fischbach, Purdue University – Predicting Solar Flares
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Ephraim Fischbach of Purdue University reveals how solar flares may soon be predicted through measuring variability in nuclear decay rates.
Ephraim Fischbach is a professor of physics at Purdue University where his current research project is investigating variability in nuclear decay rates, once believed to be a constant, and how the process is influenced by cycles of solar activity. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania.