Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu November 1, 2012
Dr. Ephraim Fischbach, Purdue University – Predicting Solar Flares
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Ephraim Fischbach of Purdue University reveals how solar flares may soon be predicted through measuring variability in nuclear decay rates.
Ephraim Fischbach is a professor of physics at Purdue University where his current research project is investigating variability in nuclear decay rates, once believed to be a constant, and how the process is influenced by cycles of solar activity. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania.