Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Thu November 1, 2012
Dr. Ephraim Fischbach, Purdue University – Predicting Solar Flares
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Ephraim Fischbach of Purdue University reveals how solar flares may soon be predicted through measuring variability in nuclear decay rates.
Ephraim Fischbach is a professor of physics at Purdue University where his current research project is investigating variability in nuclear decay rates, once believed to be a constant, and how the process is influenced by cycles of solar activity. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania.