Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Thu November 1, 2012
Dr. Ephraim Fischbach, Purdue University – Predicting Solar Flares
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Ephraim Fischbach of Purdue University reveals how solar flares may soon be predicted through measuring variability in nuclear decay rates.
Ephraim Fischbach is a professor of physics at Purdue University where his current research project is investigating variability in nuclear decay rates, once believed to be a constant, and how the process is influenced by cycles of solar activity. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania.