Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Tue July 19, 2011
Dr. Francine Berman, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Digital Storage
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Francine Berman of the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute reveals our growing need to store massive amounts of digital data and examines the problems we face in keeping our data accessible as storage formats change.
Francine Berman is Vice President for Research and Professor of Computer Science at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York. Before joining RPI, Dr. Berman held a position at the University of California San Diego, where from 2001 to 2009 she served as Director of the San Diego Supercomputer Center.