Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Tue July 19, 2011
Dr. Francine Berman, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Digital Storage
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Francine Berman of the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute reveals our growing need to store massive amounts of digital data and examines the problems we face in keeping our data accessible as storage formats change.
Francine Berman is Vice President for Research and Professor of Computer Science at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York. Before joining RPI, Dr. Berman held a position at the University of California San Diego, where from 2001 to 2009 she served as Director of the San Diego Supercomputer Center.