Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
Tue July 27, 2010
Dr. Ilan Stavans, Amherst College
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Amherst College Latin American and Latino Culture professor Dr. Ilan Stavans discusses a classic work of literature.
Dr. Stavans was born in Mexico to an Eastern European Jewish family. He holds master's degrees from The Jewish Theological Seminary and Columbia; his Ph.D. is also from Columbia.
Dr. Stavans has taught courses on a wide array of topics such as Spanglish, Jorge Luis Borges, modern American poetry, Latin music, Don Quixote, Gabriel Garc a M rquez, popular culture in Hispanic America, and world Jewish writers, among other topics.
Music: Jane Wiedlin - One Hundred Years of Solitude