Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Wed December 12, 2012
Dr. Jeff Lane, University of Alberta – Hibernation and Shifting Climate
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Jeff Lane of the University of Alberta reveals how shifting weather patterns are disrupting the life cycle of hibernating mammals.
Jeff Lane is a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Alberta. His current research is focused on examining the temporal patterns of resource allocation in mammals, specifically, North American red squirrels and Columbian and Richardson’s ground squirrels. He earned his Ph.D. at the University of Alberta.