Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Wed December 12, 2012
Dr. Jeff Lane, University of Alberta – Hibernation and Shifting Climate
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Jeff Lane of the University of Alberta reveals how shifting weather patterns are disrupting the life cycle of hibernating mammals.
Jeff Lane is a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Alberta. His current research is focused on examining the temporal patterns of resource allocation in mammals, specifically, North American red squirrels and Columbian and Richardson’s ground squirrels. He earned his Ph.D. at the University of Alberta.