Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Wed December 12, 2012
Dr. Jeff Lane, University of Alberta – Hibernation and Shifting Climate
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Jeff Lane of the University of Alberta reveals how shifting weather patterns are disrupting the life cycle of hibernating mammals.
Jeff Lane is a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Alberta. His current research is focused on examining the temporal patterns of resource allocation in mammals, specifically, North American red squirrels and Columbian and Richardson’s ground squirrels. He earned his Ph.D. at the University of Alberta.