Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Thu October 21, 2010
Dr. Kenneth Noll, University of Connecticut
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Kenneth Noll of the University of Connecticut discusses the merger of science and the performing arts.
Dr. Noll earned his Ph.D. at the University of Illinois. His research interests include the physiology and evolution of hyperthermophilic organisms.
Of particular interest are the organisms of the bacterial order Thermotogales. Recent work has focused on the evolution of sugar transporters in this lineage and the horizontal transport of genes encoding transporters between members of the Thermotogales and archaea.
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science