Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu October 21, 2010
Dr. Kenneth Noll, University of Connecticut
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Kenneth Noll of the University of Connecticut discusses the merger of science and the performing arts.
Dr. Noll earned his Ph.D. at the University of Illinois. His research interests include the physiology and evolution of hyperthermophilic organisms.
Of particular interest are the organisms of the bacterial order Thermotogales. Recent work has focused on the evolution of sugar transporters in this lineage and the horizontal transport of genes encoding transporters between members of the Thermotogales and archaea.
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science