Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Thu October 21, 2010
Dr. Kenneth Noll, University of Connecticut
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Kenneth Noll of the University of Connecticut discusses the merger of science and the performing arts.
Dr. Noll earned his Ph.D. at the University of Illinois. His research interests include the physiology and evolution of hyperthermophilic organisms.
Of particular interest are the organisms of the bacterial order Thermotogales. Recent work has focused on the evolution of sugar transporters in this lineage and the horizontal transport of genes encoding transporters between members of the Thermotogales and archaea.
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science