Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Thu October 21, 2010
Dr. Kenneth Noll, University of Connecticut
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Kenneth Noll of the University of Connecticut discusses the merger of science and the performing arts.
Dr. Noll earned his Ph.D. at the University of Illinois. His research interests include the physiology and evolution of hyperthermophilic organisms.
Of particular interest are the organisms of the bacterial order Thermotogales. Recent work has focused on the evolution of sugar transporters in this lineage and the horizontal transport of genes encoding transporters between members of the Thermotogales and archaea.
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science