Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Tue October 12, 2010
Dr. M. Darby Dyar, Mount Holyoke College
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. M. Darby Dyar of Mount Holyoke College discusses the possibility of life on the moon.
Dr. Dyar, associate professor of astronomy, earned a Ph.D. at MIT. She specializes in minerals, M ssbauer spectroscopy, the moon, Mars, planetary science, optical spectroscopy, synchrotron spectroscopy, FTIR spectroscopy, metamorphic geology, and water in minerals.
Dr. Dyar, who has been at Mount Holyoke since 1998, was appointed to the teams of two of the seven Lunar Science Institutes announced by NASA in 2009.
Music: Frank Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon