Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Wed July 7, 2010
Dr. Meg Mott, Marlboro College
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Meg Mott of Marlboro College discusses the influence of the board game Monopoly on Americans' economic attitudes.
Meg Mott is professor of political theory at Marlboro College.
A former court advocate and paralegal, Mott explored the tensions between feminist and liberal theories while getting her doctorate in political science at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Her dissertation considered the role of "natural law" in the Spanish Inquisition.
Meg Mott's website
Music: X-Box 360 Monopoly Game opening credit theme