Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Mon February 25, 2013
Dr. Samer Hattar, Johns Hopkins University – Night, Light, and the Brain
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Samer Hattar of Johns Hopkins University explains the negative effects of exposure to bright light during the night.
Samer Hattar is an associate professor of biology at Johns Hopkins University where his current research seeks to understand the relationship between vision and physiology. His work has been featured in a number of peer-reviewed publications and he holds a Ph.D. from the University of Houston.