Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Thu September 9, 2010
Dr. Steven Roecker, RPI
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Dr. Steven Roecker of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute discusses the study of earthquakes, like the recent quake that rocked Chile.
Dr. Roecker is professor of earth and environmental sciences. He earned his Ph.D. at MIT.
Dr. Roecker employs a variety of techniques to study tectonics, including electrical methods, seismologic methods, and modern surverying.
Music: Little Girls - Earthquake Song