Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New York News
Mon March 31, 2003
Drug Reimportation Crackdown Concerns Seniors
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Some senior advocates fear a federal crackdown on companies that illegally import low-cost prescription drugs from Canada could discourage activists from advising seniors to travel north to buy medicine. Meanwhile, other activists believe the federal move is another indication that the federal government is siding with the drug companies.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.