Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon March 31, 2003
Drug Reimportation Crackdown Concerns Seniors
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Some senior advocates fear a federal crackdown on companies that illegally import low-cost prescription drugs from Canada could discourage activists from advising seniors to travel north to buy medicine. Meanwhile, other activists believe the federal move is another indication that the federal government is siding with the drug companies.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.