Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon March 31, 2003
Drug Reimportation Crackdown Concerns Seniors
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Some senior advocates fear a federal crackdown on companies that illegally import low-cost prescription drugs from Canada could discourage activists from advising seniors to travel north to buy medicine. Meanwhile, other activists believe the federal move is another indication that the federal government is siding with the drug companies.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.