Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
WAMC New York News
Mon March 31, 2003
Drug Reimportation Crackdown Concerns Seniors
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Some senior advocates fear a federal crackdown on companies that illegally import low-cost prescription drugs from Canada could discourage activists from advising seniors to travel north to buy medicine. Meanwhile, other activists believe the federal move is another indication that the federal government is siding with the drug companies.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.