Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Thu January 24, 2013
Duffy stands by Miner comments
The day after an intraparty war of words between Syracuse mayor Stephanie Miner — co-chair of the state Democratic party — and New York Lieutenant Governor Robert Duffy about Governor Cuomo’s budget and how it handles floundering localities, Duffy says he sticks by comments. Duffy spoke on WAMC’s Capitol Connection program.
“Mayor Miner is a former colleague, I like Stephanie, and I really was not criticizing her yesterday," Duffy said. "But I did say to the Post-Standard if what the governor is doing is not sufficient, mayors do have an option, and in this case Mayor Miner could ask for a fiscal oversight board. It requires legislation, legislative approval at the state level.”