Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Thu January 24, 2013
Duffy stands by Miner comments
The day after an intraparty war of words between Syracuse mayor Stephanie Miner — co-chair of the state Democratic party — and New York Lieutenant Governor Robert Duffy about Governor Cuomo’s budget and how it handles floundering localities, Duffy says he sticks by comments. Duffy spoke on WAMC’s Capitol Connection program.
“Mayor Miner is a former colleague, I like Stephanie, and I really was not criticizing her yesterday," Duffy said. "But I did say to the Post-Standard if what the governor is doing is not sufficient, mayors do have an option, and in this case Mayor Miner could ask for a fiscal oversight board. It requires legislation, legislative approval at the state level.”