Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue July 6, 2004
Dutchess To Consider Radioactive Labelling Measure
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – A Dutchess County legislative committee is set to take up the issue of how to label depleted uranium in transport. The goal is to follow in the footsteps of Ulster County in urging the U.S. Department of Transportation to throw out an exemption that labels the shipments as "explosive". Supporters of the local measure want to see the shipments labeled as "radioactive." WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.