Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu October 16, 2003
Dutchess Moves Forward with Tick Project
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – Dutchess County is one step away from using a pesticide in testing deer station feeders. The research project aims to reduce the risk of contracting Lyme disease. On a separate front in the county, the legislature last night voted to approve a one-time, lump sum tobacco payout. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.