Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri July 18, 2003
E-911 Money Cannot Be Diverted
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The U.S.Senate Commerce Committee has approved legislation to provide money to states to update 911 emergency systems.
The measure includes a provision to make sure the money is not used for other purposes, a concern that has been heard in New York State. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.