Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Fri July 18, 2003
E-911 Money Cannot Be Diverted
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The U.S.Senate Commerce Committee has approved legislation to provide money to states to update 911 emergency systems.
The measure includes a provision to make sure the money is not used for other purposes, a concern that has been heard in New York State. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.