Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New York News
Fri July 18, 2003
E-911 Money Cannot Be Diverted
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The U.S.Senate Commerce Committee has approved legislation to provide money to states to update 911 emergency systems.
The measure includes a provision to make sure the money is not used for other purposes, a concern that has been heard in New York State. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.