Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Fri July 18, 2003
E-911 Money Cannot Be Diverted
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The U.S.Senate Commerce Committee has approved legislation to provide money to states to update 911 emergency systems.
The measure includes a provision to make sure the money is not used for other purposes, a concern that has been heard in New York State. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.