Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed November 20, 2013
E Street Band's Van Zandt Rescues Rascals
Guitarist Steven Van Zandt of the E Street Band knows plenty about good band chemistry, and for 40 years, his favorite group and one of the 60’s most influential bands, The Rascals, lay dormant in what he called “a crime against nature.”
But all that changed in 2009, when Van Zandt orchestrated a triumphant return to the stage for The Rascals, best known for hits like “Good Lovin',” “Groovin’,” “Lonely Too Long” and “It’s A Beautiful Morning.”
The Broadway show, written, directed and produced by Van Zandt, combines a jam-packed Rascals concert and film footage covering the history of the group.
Now, Once Upon A Dream Starring The Rascals is on the road, including a stop at the Palace Theatre in Albany on Nov. 24.
In addition to his work with Bruce Springsteen and as a solo artist, Steven Van Zandt has appeared on screen as Silvio on The Sopranos and assembled the soundtrack and trained the musicians for the 2012 David Chase film Not Fade Away.
Arts & Culture