Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri June 27, 2003
Early Season Ozone Advisories Raise Concerns
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The high heat and humidity of late has led to ozone advisories in New York State. The American Lung Association says earlier this week, several upstate monitoring stations recorded violations of the health standard for ambient ozone concentrations, especially in western NY. Health and environmental advocates say the state and federal government must take action to reduce ozone causing pollution. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.