Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Tue August 6, 2013
Easton Mountain Retreat Center
The Easton Mountain Retreat Center is an LGBTQ retreat center in Greenwich, New York. Part of Easton's mission as a non-profit organization is to work towards peace, nonviolence, and social justice and they are interested in cultivating the future leaders of America's gay rights movement.
Later this month, they will be holding their eighth consecutive summer program for LGBTQ youth, a four-day arts camp and leadership summit called Arts in the Woods. This weekend, they will also be holding a weekend-long LGBTQ music festival called Out in the Woods to fundraise for scholarships for disenfranchised young people to attend the camp.
John Stasio, Founder of Easton Mountain, and Wil Fisher, their Director of Youth Programming, join us to tell us more.
Arts & Culture
Around the Nation