Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Tue August 6, 2013
Easton Mountain Retreat Center
The Easton Mountain Retreat Center is an LGBTQ retreat center in Greenwich, New York. Part of Easton's mission as a non-profit organization is to work towards peace, nonviolence, and social justice and they are interested in cultivating the future leaders of America's gay rights movement.
Later this month, they will be holding their eighth consecutive summer program for LGBTQ youth, a four-day arts camp and leadership summit called Arts in the Woods. This weekend, they will also be holding a weekend-long LGBTQ music festival called Out in the Woods to fundraise for scholarships for disenfranchised young people to attend the camp.
John Stasio, Founder of Easton Mountain, and Wil Fisher, their Director of Youth Programming, join us to tell us more.
Arts & Culture
Around the Nation