Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon July 1, 2013
Economic Group Urges 'Yes' On Springfield Casino
The Economic Development Council of Western Massachusetts is urging Springfield voters to approve the July 16 referendum on the MGM Springfield casino proposal.
The council says it believes the agreement between MGM Springfield and the city could provide an economic boost to the region.
The Republican reports that the president and CEO of the Economic Development Council says the casino proposal and host community agreement need a thorough vetting by the state Gaming Commission.
Hard Rock International has proposed a casino for the Eastern States Exposition Grounds in West Springfield and the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority is proposing to build a casino in Palmer.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.