Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Mon July 1, 2013
Economic Group Urges 'Yes' On Springfield Casino
The Economic Development Council of Western Massachusetts is urging Springfield voters to approve the July 16 referendum on the MGM Springfield casino proposal.
The council says it believes the agreement between MGM Springfield and the city could provide an economic boost to the region.
The Republican reports that the president and CEO of the Economic Development Council says the casino proposal and host community agreement need a thorough vetting by the state Gaming Commission.
Hard Rock International has proposed a casino for the Eastern States Exposition Grounds in West Springfield and the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority is proposing to build a casino in Palmer.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.