Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon November 1, 2004
Education Advocates Debate Standardized Tests
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The New England Association of Teachers of English met in Nashua, New Hampshire over the weekend. The group of English teachers from around the region says the focus on standardized testing in the No Child Left Behind law is hurting real learning. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley gets some perspectives from Vermont education advocates.