Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon November 15, 2004
Educators Want Harassment Case to Provide Guidance
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont Supreme Court justices will hear arguments this week in the case of Celeste Washington, a former student at Harwood Union High School in Duxbury VT. Washington claims school officials failed to stop daily harassment against her. The school argues that Washington never reported her concerns. The case may force Vermont's highest court to determine just how schools across the state deal with harassment complaints. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has the story.