Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Wed December 5, 2012
Elizabeth Warren Appears Headed To Senate Banking Committee
Massachusetts Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren appears headed to a seat on the Senate Banking Committee. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Numerous media outlets reported Tuesday that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid intends to appoint Warren to the Banking Committee. It won’t be official until the Democratic caucus approves it. Consumer advocates and progressive groups praised Warren’s likely committee assignment. Warren has been an outspoken critic of Wall Street. She helped set up the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for the Obama administration, but was blocked from running it by Republican opposition. Warren instead returned home to Massachusetts, where she defeated Republican Senator Scott Brown in this year’s election.