Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Thu December 6, 2012
Elizabeth Warren Discloses Campaign Debt
Despite record setting fundraising it turns out Massachusetts Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren’s winning campaign finished in the red. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Warren raised $42 million dollars…more than any other Congressional challenger in the country this year. She spent it all on the hard fought race with Republican incumbent Scott Brown and finished $400,000 in debt, according to the Boston Globe.Warren made the surprising disclosure about her campaign’s debt in an email to supporters. She attributed it to the expense of an unprecedented get out the vote effort. A statement later supported in a tweet from the Massachusetts Democratic Party Chairman John Walsh. The Warren campaign had 130 paid staffers, 80 of whom worked on registering voters and getting them to the polls. The Brown campaign has not made any public statements about its post-election finances.