Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Wed February 25, 2004
Ellen Goodman - Paper Trail, pt 2
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Ellen received the Pulitzer Prize for distinguished commentary in 1980. She became the first journalist to receive that coveted award for coverage of what is often perceived as "soft news" news that emphasizes family life, marriage, parenting, the status of women, cultural values, and changing lifestyles.
Syndicated in more than 400 newspapers by the Washington Post Writers Group, Goodman is that organization's best-selling writer. But, she did not originally intend for that to be her career.