Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
Wed February 25, 2004
Ellen Goodman - Paper Trail, pt 2
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Ellen received the Pulitzer Prize for distinguished commentary in 1980. She became the first journalist to receive that coveted award for coverage of what is often perceived as "soft news" news that emphasizes family life, marriage, parenting, the status of women, cultural values, and changing lifestyles.
Syndicated in more than 400 newspapers by the Washington Post Writers Group, Goodman is that organization's best-selling writer. But, she did not originally intend for that to be her career.