Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Wed August 18, 2004
Emergency Acid Rain Emission Regs Implemented
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – New York State has ordered emergency regulations be implemented to force power plants in the state to reduce emissions blamed for acid rain in the Adirondacks and Catskills. While environmental groups are pleased the state Department of Environmental Conservation has taken the action, they're also disappointed the action was not more stringent.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.