Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Wed August 18, 2004
Emergency Acid Rain Emission Regs Implemented
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – New York State has ordered emergency regulations be implemented to force power plants in the state to reduce emissions blamed for acid rain in the Adirondacks and Catskills. While environmental groups are pleased the state Department of Environmental Conservation has taken the action, they're also disappointed the action was not more stringent.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.