Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
WAMC New York News
Wed August 18, 2004
Emergency Acid Rain Emission Regs Implemented
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – New York State has ordered emergency regulations be implemented to force power plants in the state to reduce emissions blamed for acid rain in the Adirondacks and Catskills. While environmental groups are pleased the state Department of Environmental Conservation has taken the action, they're also disappointed the action was not more stringent.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.