Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Thu December 21, 2006
Emergency Call Boxes Along Adirondack Northway Reactivated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – For the past seven years, if you had a problem while traveling on the Adirondack Northway, you were quite literally stuck. There is no cell phone service for nearly 60 miles, exits can be more than 10 miles apart and at times traffic can be sparse. An emergency call box system along the roadway didn't work. But state officials have announced that as of last weekend, those call boxes are now operational. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.