Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu December 21, 2006
Emergency Call Boxes Along Adirondack Northway Reactivated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – For the past seven years, if you had a problem while traveling on the Adirondack Northway, you were quite literally stuck. There is no cell phone service for nearly 60 miles, exits can be more than 10 miles apart and at times traffic can be sparse. An emergency call box system along the roadway didn't work. But state officials have announced that as of last weekend, those call boxes are now operational. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.