Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Thu October 2, 2003
Emergency Contraception For Rape Victims
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – According to a study completed earlier this year, 24 hospitals in 16 counties of New York failed to provide emergency contraception to rape victims. Governor Pataki signed a new law Wednesday that requires all hospitals in the state to fully inform rape victims of their options and provide immediate access to emergency contraception. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.