Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
Fri July 11, 2014
Emmy Laybourne - Monument 14: Savage Drift
Three years ago, Emmy Laybourne debuted her heart pounding trilogy Monument 14, where 14 kids and teens sought refuge in a Big Box store as the world outside was being ripped apart by violent storms, and a release of chemicals that targeted their blood types – making some blood thirsty killers, while rendering others sterile, or severely paranoid.
As the series continued, the characters - and readers, were forced to think about the human condition, as they considered what actions were too extreme if it meant surviving, and whether or not they could come back after surrendering ourselves to the darkness.
The last book is finally here, and is called Monument 14: Savage Drift.
Missed our interview with Emmy about Sky on Fire, the second novel in the trilogy? Hear it here: