Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Thu January 5, 2006
Empire Corridor to speed up
By Jessica Bloustein
Rensselaer, NY – Trains along New York State's Empire Corridor-the Amtrak rail line connecting the state's major cities between New York, Albany and Buffalo-could speed up in the next twenty years. Proposals to improve New York's rail system are closer to reality and the Capital Region could enhance its reputation as a major transit hub as a result.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.