Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
WAMC New York News
Thu January 5, 2006
Empire Corridor to speed up
By Jessica Bloustein
Rensselaer, NY – Trains along New York State's Empire Corridor-the Amtrak rail line connecting the state's major cities between New York, Albany and Buffalo-could speed up in the next twenty years. Proposals to improve New York's rail system are closer to reality and the Capital Region could enhance its reputation as a major transit hub as a result.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.