Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Thu January 5, 2006
Empire Corridor to speed up
By Jessica Bloustein
Rensselaer, NY – Trains along New York State's Empire Corridor-the Amtrak rail line connecting the state's major cities between New York, Albany and Buffalo-could speed up in the next twenty years. Proposals to improve New York's rail system are closer to reality and the Capital Region could enhance its reputation as a major transit hub as a result.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.