Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue January 15, 2013
Encore Career Handbook
Until fairly recently, most Americans equated the end of a successful career with the beginning of retirement. No more. Now they want to stay in the game (or better, change the game). They want to leave a mark. Make a difference—and continue to make a living.
Nine million baby boomers have already decided to choose alternatives to the traditional retirement model, to enjoy meaningful work in their "encore careers." Another 31 million are interested in making the leap. We’ll discuss, The Encore Career Handbook, which is designed as a road map to finding passion, purpose, and a paycheck in the second half of life.
Marci Alboher, former New York Times career columnist and vice president of Encore.org is the author of: The Encore Career Handbook: How to Make a Living and a Difference in the Second Half of Life.
WAMC Speakers Corner