Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Fri February 28, 2014
Energy Master Plan Under Way In Upstate NY
The New York Power Authority says work is underway on an Energy Master Plan for five upstate cities.
The power authority is working with local utilities, civic and government entities, and environmental groups in an effort aimed at reducing energy consumption and operating and maintenance costs.
An NYPA website also has been created to solicit ideas from the public and present details on the master-plan process.
The cities involved are Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Yonkers. Individual plans for all five cities are expected to be completed by fall.
The initiative complements the Build Smart NY program established just over a year ago by Governor Andrew Cuomo. That program aims to improve energy efficiency in state government buildings by 20 percent by 2020.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.