Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Hudson Valley News
Wed March 20, 2013
Engel travels with President on visit to Israel
WASHINGTON – Congressman Eliot Engel (D, Westchester), the top Democrat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, is traveling with President Obama to Israel, representing the Congress during the visit to the Middle East.
“Israel is one of our closest allies in the world and President Obama’s visit is a powerful reminder of the unbreakable bonds between our two nations,” said Engel. “Israel continues to thrive as a nation, even as it is forced to confront a wide array of threats to its security, including Iran’s nuclear weapons program, the terrorist group Hezbollah, and the civil war in neighboring Syria.”
Engel said there is “no more powerful message to send across the world, to friends and foes alike, than a U.S. President standing shoulder to shoulder with the Israeli people.”
Commentary & Opinion