Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri July 29, 2005
Entergy: Indian Point Will Have Siren Backup Power
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – The parent of New York's Indian Point is about to invest several-million-dollars into a backup power system for the nuclear power plant's emergency sirens. The decision from Entergy Nuclear Northeast officials to install backup power follows pressure from citizens and legislators, and comes after a pair of power outages this month. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.