Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri March 18, 2005
Enviro Groups Say Fed Water Bill Would Help NY
By Allison Dunne
Hudson Valley Bureau – A bipartisan group of members of the U.S. House of Representatives gave their support to a bill that would protect streams, lakes, wetlands, and other waters. The measure would reinstate wetlands protection authority that was rolled back a few years ago. Environmentalists says the federal measure would benefit not only the nation, but especially a state with some of the weakest wetlands protection measures in the country - New York. WAMC's Allison Dunne has more.