Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu April 10, 2003
Environmental Group Testifies at Senate Hearing
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Adirondack Council testified this week before the US Senate Environment and Public Works committee about the president's Clear Skies Initiative. While the Adirondack Council says the Initiative would stop acid rain by the end of the decade, other environmental groups say the cuts aren't enough to reduce harmful emissions. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.