Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed August 17, 2005
Environmental Groups Pressure EPA to Better Inspect New York Factory Farms
By Arielle Trimm
Albany, NY – Environmental groups issued a report Wednesday calling for tighter regulations of New York's Factory Farms and their policies regarding cow manure disposal. This comes in light of a recent 3-million-gallon liquid manure spill into Jefferson County's Black River that killed 100,000 fish and threatened local drinking water. More from our Capital District Bureau Chief, Arielle Trimm.