Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue January 4, 2005
Environmental Groups Urge Pataki to Up Funding
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – New York Governor George Pataki will deliver his state-of-the-state address tomorrow. Those in the environmental sector say they are hoping to hear about an increase in funding for the environment. Many consider Pataki to be a friend of the environment, and now they say he needs to be a funding friend. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.