Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed February 18, 2004
Environmentalists To Challenge EPA Rule
By Allison Dunne
Garrison, NY – Some environmentalists are up in arms over an EPA ruling this week, and they plan to challenge it in court. They say the nation's top environmental regulator is setting cooling technology standards for existing power plants that will allow for continued fish kills. They also say the ruling conflicts with a court of appeals decision earlier this month. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.