Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Fri October 14, 2005
Environmentalists Decry Proposed Emissions Rules
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency has announced proposed changes to provisions of the Clean Air Act that requires power plants to upgrade emissions controls when physical changes are made to older power plants. Environmentalists say the EPA's proposed changes to the New Source Review provision would actually increase emissions and lead to more acid rain and detrimental health affects for those downwind. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.