Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri October 14, 2005
Environmentalists Decry Proposed Emissions Rules
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency has announced proposed changes to provisions of the Clean Air Act that requires power plants to upgrade emissions controls when physical changes are made to older power plants. Environmentalists say the EPA's proposed changes to the New Source Review provision would actually increase emissions and lead to more acid rain and detrimental health affects for those downwind. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.