Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon March 17, 2003
Environmentalists Decry "raids" of NY's EPF
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – New York State's Environmental Protection Fund is supposed to be dedicated to environmental projects. For 2001-2002, the state didn't fund it at all. Now, the state is looking to borrow from it to help close the state deficit. That's upsetting environmental groups.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.