Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri February 4, 2005
Environmentalists Grade NYS on Mercury Policies
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Three environmental groups say New York State needs to do a better job at reducing mercury emissions from coal-fired power plants and warning residents about fish contamination. The call for action is part of a report on mercury control efforts in five mid-Atlantic states. More from WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.